Our commitment to you
TAPASVI is committed to protecting the privacy of all its stakeholders. All such information that includes Personally Identifiable Data that we collect, procure, and get through various sources as per the privacy policies and standards envisaged as per the Principles contained in the Privacy Act.
The personal information we collect
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
The kind of personal information we collect will depend on the type of TAPASVI initiatives that are socially supported or enquired about. Personal information collected by TAPASVI may include the data of any individual that covers:
- Legal and Preferred Names.
- Family, Relatives’ and Dependents’ Information.
- The Contact Information which includes – Name, Postal Address, e-mail address, and Telephone Number.
- Date of Birth, Gender, Income and Occupation
- Bank Account or Credit Card Details that is accumulated due to various financial transactions that include donations, contributions, and business transactions.
- A history data of the donations given by the donors,
- Any such details that involve the details of the individual’s lifestyles and preferences that may give the ques in identifying them and also that involves confidentiality of such individual who is directly or indirectly involved in the operations of TAPASVI.
Anonymity, privacy, and security of the data is maintained only to the extent that does not cross the statutory boundaries. Any such statutory requirements arise or demand the disclosure of such private data will authorize TAPASVI to disclose such data to the extent required. This includes all such operations to process the Tax receipts as part of donations and contributions made by the donors and any such individuals who do such operations that are part of TAPASVI.
Sources of personal information for TAPASVI
There are several sources through which the information is collected by TAPASVI from the individuals. This includes:
- Primary Sources:
- Any such data or info that is provided by the individuals directly via telephone, in person, our website, or by filling any such data forms of TAPASVI involving the disclosure of the personal data.
- Any such events that involves fundraising, social, cultural, and healthcare services as part of TAPASVI’s activities.
- Any such third-party individuals who nominate the respective delegates who act as the point of contact to monitor, contribute, and donate any such contributions that involve accountability.
- Secondary Sources:
- Information collected automatically when you visit our website.
- From publicly available sources of information
Use and disclosure of your personal information
To carry out our work as part of meeting the TAPASVI’s objectives, TAPASVI can use any such personal information, procured, gathered, or obtained:
- To process the donations or funds collected and provide tax receipts and exemptions
- To provide the details of the application of the donations or the funds thus procured
- identity confirmation purposes for any enquiries made vis-à-vis received by TAPASVI.
- To inform, update, know about the works that TAPASVI is undertaking and in progress.
- By way of address or any other contact information feedback for complaints received
- Assist us with carrying out any other work related to the above purposes
TAPASVI respects the privacy and secrecy of our donors, customers, and stakeholders who directly or indirectly interact with TAPASVI by way of emails, newsletters, feedback, and through all such electronic media for communication and updates, along with posts and couriers. TAPASVI will strive to keep you update its activities through the above sources and can be unsubscribed if not interested. Sometimes we share this personal information under our data with external service providers whose functions may include:
- Mailing operations
- Email services
- Information technology services
- Telecommunication services
- Marketing analysis services
- Market research
- Website usage analysis
- Call center operations
- Payment of donations or products and services
TAPASVI takes reasonable steps to ensure that these external organizations are contractually bound to privacy and shall remain obligated with the terms of confidentiality and shall only be used for the specific purpose for which it is provided.
TAPASVI shall take the privilege, in certain cases, and may require disclosing this personal information, to the extent required, sometimes may have to disclose your personal information for a specific purpose to third parties such as:
- Credit providers
- Credit reporting and fraud checking organizations
- Authorized legal representatives nominated by you
- Our accountants, auditors and lawyers
- Law enforcement, government or other organizations, as required by law, particularly in relation to protecting the privacy and protection of children
TAPASVI in course of disclosures, strictly adhere to its privacy and security policies and shall only disclose, at discretion, as envisaged to any of its recipients that may include both Domestic as well as the Overseas.
Under no circumstance the data possessed by TAPASVI is sold, rent, or given to any other organization without the consent rent, sell or give your information to other organizations unless with an expression of consent.
Storage and security of your personal information
TAPASVI hold personal information in different formats including (but not limited to) software programs (that can be located both onsite and offsite, including cloud), databases, filing systems and as offsite backup storage.
TAPASVI takes all reasonable steps to protect the personal information from loss, unauthorized access, modification, disclosure or other misuse, including the operation of secure data networks designed to protect privacy and security of its stakeholders. The period of holding the data / information, irrespective of the continuance of the association of the stakeholder with TAPASVI shall depend on the type of the interaction he/she had with TAPASVI and as per the prevailing Statutory requirements. TAPASVI will de-identify or destroy such information when no longer need to keep it.
Sensitive personal information
TAPASVI do not generally collect any sensitive information. However, sometimes may need to collect sensitive information, eg., would need to have data to understand the criminal records as part of the BGV-Background Verification about those who were planning to visit the children that TAPASVI assist. TAPASVI only does this with express consent.
Privacy and the internet
TAPASVI’s online surveys may ask for contact information as well as some demographic information to find out what can be done to better and meet the purpose and your needs.
Tracking and cookies
TAPASVI collects statistics on visitor traffic to it’s website such as length of visit and pages viewed. The information is anonymous and does not identify specific visitors.
TAPASVI may track your visit to it’s website by using ‘cookies’. A cookie as per the general definition in IT, is a text only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on the hard disk of your computer to enhance your experience when visiting our website. If you prefer not to allow the use of ‘cookies’, you may be able to adjust your browser to turn them off or notify you when ‘cookies’ are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas or take advantage of certain features or services on our website.
Links with other sites
TAPASVI’s website contains links to other sites and other sites may also have links to our website. This policy does not apply to linked websites.
TAPASVI has taken care to simplify the actions needed to secure any information the visitor gives via our website. However, as a general rule, it is the basic responsibility of the website visitors to take such measures to protect themselves and their and their system that includes their systems which include computers, laptops, or smart phones or any such computing devises that have the capability to communicate through web access, to prevent others from gaining access to such systems and the information contained within it. When the visitor makes a donation or use the website of TAPASVI to send us any such personal information, the visitor is responsible for his/her own computer, anti-virus and anti-spyware measures and security precautions.
Giving you control
Opting out, access and correction of your personal information
At any time, if you want to opt out of future communications, access the personal information that TAPASVI holds about you or update or correct your personal information please contact us over the details mentioned in the website. TAPASVI will process your request within a reasonable time.
In some circumstances, TAPASVI holds the privilege and right to deny access to or refuse to change your personal information to the extent this is permitted under the Privacy Principles and guidelines. In such circumstances, TAPASVI will keep its effort to disclose the reasons for doing so to the extent of requirements.
Requests and complaints about privacy
Please notify us at the details shown below if you have any queries, requests or complaints relating to TAPASVI’s handling of your personal information.
Road No: 9 B ,Alkapuri, Hyderabad