Origin and Establishment of TAPASVI
- In the year 1994, Ms. Padmavathi along with a couple of her friends formed a small team and started serving in the underprivileged sectors. Then, on 1st January 1996, they coined the name TAPASVI and formed an organization.
- TAPASVI was officially Registered u/s A. P. (Telangana Areas) Public Societies Registration Act 1350F (Act No: 1 of 1350F) in the year 1997 on June 26th with Regd No: 3052
- It is a voluntary organization with the purpose of Social Service as part of promoting Human welfare.
- TAPASVI will work and aspire for overall development of the individual and the society with the aim of creating self-reliant and self-sustaining society by bringing changes in attitudes and values of the individuals in the society.
- TAPASVI’S priority is to focus on the difficulties of oppressed people and reach out to the unemployed, and to also encourage and showcase the individual talents and energy of youngsters as part of social upliftment.
- TAPASVI looks forward to collaborate with Registered Societies, Educational institutions and other interested parties whose objectives and aims align with TAPASVI.
- TAPASVI intends to organize and plan activities that promote human welfare and social justice.
- TAPASVI has initiated and is involved in various projects which help improve one’s skills that promote alternative sources of income, conduct debates on policies, schemes, and projects. Similarly, run leadership workshops and trainings focusing on articulating and solving issues and decision-making.
- TAPASVI aspires to design Scientific Methods to the diagnose and find solutions for soci0-economic problems by studying the factors that are influencers of such problems. This involves acquiring special skills and techniques in dealing with them.
- TAPASVI dreams to establish its network of services across Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and in all such parts of India that need a helping hand.
Talented Aspirants Peoples’ Action to the Society for Vigorous India (TAPASVI):
By being a friend, companion, guide and enabler, Tapasvi intends to pro-actively identify the problems of the community, align itself with available resources, and solve the issues strategically, while parallelly bringing awareness among those affected and steering the community towards the shared objective of better living. This includes
- Conducting surveys, collection and analysis of data through primary and secondary sources and hence maintain the records that can help in finding solutions for the social, economic, and political issues.
- Identifying the social needs of the community and prioritize them to help for alleviation.
- Inter-group and Inter-agency consultations.
- Coordinating and promoting social actions and legislations.
- Providing services that involve public relations and cooperation.
- Conducting meetings, group discussions, lectures, demonstrations and arranging exhibitions.
- Demonstrating the usefulness of the proposed changes in the community.
- Administering, monitoring, and directing the work undertaken and assigned by selecting and developing efficient and adequate staff in addition to working with boards and committees.
Tapasvi has been operational since 25years and during these years Tapasvi has –
- Held many awareness campaigns, health camps, training programs, summer water camps, guest lecturers for social upliftment especially about issues related to malnutrition and health in slums through group discussions, cultural programs, quizzes and debates in schools and colleges and provides the necessary help.
- Established an “Elders Care Centre” for senior citizens who need a shelter and security of having care and assistance when they need it. TAPASVI facilitates the residents to stay active and encourages them in maintaining good relations with their families and to remain engaged in community life.
- Established a “Child Welfare Centre” for the poor, abandoned and neglected street children, orphans, by providing them shelter, food, and good education to make them responsible citizens.
- Worked for the development of women especially, widows, divorcees, physically handicapped, or people who require encouragement and support by offering training programmes in various streams that offer self-employment. These programmes include beautician, tailoring, embroidery, soft toys, pot painting courses, handicrafts, and others.
- Plans to start a free health point for all the poor who are in need.
- Plans to empower both rural and urban poor in self-sustaining their livelihoods by providing awareness trainings.
We request like-minded people to contribute their minute to the Society for the cause of development of the deprived, neglected, oppressed and needy. Also to recognize the efforts of TAPASVI for undertaking such programmes.
The society was founded by CH. Padmavathi, who is an Arts Graduate in Sociology – BA and with a Post Graduate Diploma in Computers. Ms. Padmavathi also underwent a training program on Project Development and Management for NGO’S from NIRD, specialized in sociology and prevailing social environment.
She has personally performed surveys in many pockets of the city and rural areas. Her rich experience comes from the tasks she had taken up in her youth, some of which are stated below :
Survey on beggars in the city – 1½ year.
Survey on street children for 6 months.
Survey on old age people for 6 months.
Survey on Tribal people for 6 months.
She was deeply influenced with the problems encountered in the day-to-day activities of the underprivileged people, due to the result of growing gap between rich and poor and inflation of essential commodities needed for minimum standard of living, compelling her to contribute her every minute for the noble objective stated above.